Often celebrated with family events and a great show of patriotism. July 4th is when the Continental Congress formally adopted the Declaration of Independence. Though the vote for actual independence took place on July 2nd, from then on the 4th became the day that was celebrated as the birth of American independence.
Best ways to celebrate the Fourth of July:
- Wear your most colorful 4th of July red, white, and blue swag!
- Visit a national or state park near you. Enjoy the scenery and look for bald eagles.
- Pack a picnic and head to the park with family and friends.
- Head to the beach for an afternoon of water, sand, and sun.
- Take home-made cards to soldiers now living in nursing homes and hospitals.
- Learn a patriotic song or sing one you already know such as America the Beautiful.
- Have a bike parade in your neighborhood. Let the kids decorate their bikes with 4th of July swag.
- Have a cook-out with family and friends. Be sure to take the time to pause and give thanks for our freedom.
- Attend a local 4th of July parade.
Make home-made toppers with your children.
Print images and cut them out. They can be flags, hats, stars or anything with a patriotic look.
Use them with tooth picks for cupcakes, cakes or with cheese and veggie trays.
Decorate items you have at home with American themed borders and banners.
- Cups, jars or cans that can be used as utensil holders or for flowers and plants as centrepieces.
A good idea when attending large public events is to print name labels for your kids with their first name and your cell phone number in-case you get separated. They can be printed on sticker paper or just on paper and laminated.
Have a safe and happy 4th of July!
For questions or comments please contact email@example.com