|Clipart ID: #1041690|
Summer is quickly approaching and the school year is coming to an end. It's time to start planning those summer activities that will help make great memories with you and your family, keep the kids busy and won't break the bank.
Here is a check-list with something for everyone in the family:
- Go to a drive-in movie. Bring a blanket and chair and watch under the stars. The kids will love it!
- Visit an amusement park. Take on their biggest roller coaster!
- Go camping. Real camping not glamping ;). Set up a tent, cook over a fire and don't forget the marshmallows.
- Visit a beach. Be sure to walk barefoot along the sand. Walking barefoot, also known as "earthing," has gone from being a kooky counter-culture trend, to a scientifically-researched practice with a number of remarkable health advantages, such as increasing antioxidants, reducing inflammation, and improving sleep.
|Stock Photo ID: #565191|
- Pick berries at a farm. If picking isn't your thing at least stop at a roadside stand and pick up some fresh local fruits and vegetables.
- Have a barbecue with friends and neighbours. Make it the whole street and have a huge pot-luck meal. Set up some games for the kids to play.
- Visit a new place or town. Get the kids to find out as much information about the town while you drive there. Small communities can have such great history.
- Read a new book. This is great for kids and adults to have time away from the electronics.
- Check out a local summer festival.There are so many festivals to choose from whether you like music, food or fresh produce. There are usually events going on every weekend of the summer.
- Have a picnic. You can often find picnic tables at your local parks or bring a large blanket to spread out on the grass. Bring along some games you can play, like Frisbee or badminton.
- Mini-golf. This can be a great family bonding experience and teaches sportsmanship. It's a great way to burn some calories and isn't played in front of a screen.
|Stock Photo ID: #606736|
Do you have any other great summer family fun ideas for this list?
Share them with me at email@example.com