6 Amazing Sites Full of Excellent Holiday Photography Tips
It set the mood and got the momentum building for this Sunday when our family will gather for the fun, love and joy of being together. Recognizing amidst the whirl of the day the blessings we share and those dear to each person are what makes the season special. With its proximity on the calendar to the end of the year as well, it's often a time to reflect on time's swift passage and the precious moments of the previous months.
Without question Christmas is the perfect time for pictures. Between opening gifts, preparing foods and fetching drinks, I'm also sure that my camera is never far away. It focusses on the laden table, moves in close for shots of all the festive food. The tree, gifts piled high beneath, and later with paper, bags and bows strewn around, is also a key subject.
But my favourite Christmas photo theme is family. I love to catch them in candid moments, especially ones of smiles and laughter. Also, though this is much more difficult to organize, it's the perfect time for some family portraits. Since my kids live in different cities, getting them all together under one roof is a photography opportunity not to be missed.
Typically the tree is the nicest spot for this, but there are lots of other ways to capture loved ones and the joy at this time of year. I decided to search out some suggestions for Christmas photo ideas that others have and share them with you here.
• Top Tips for Christmas Day Photography This one is a favourite with great ideas and instructions for taking "Christmas Day photos which are truly album worthy".
• 100 Festive Photo Ideas from Shutterfly Here are some adorable poses and portraits ideal for Christmas cards, but they might also inspire some thoughts for your Christmas Day family portrait.
• How to Take Memorable Christmas Day Photos Digital Photo Secrets offers some tips on how to take great pictures without letting the chaos get in the way.
• 16 Photography Tips for Christmas This blog from Digital Photography School has some unique suggestions and a fresh perspective on some standard ideas.
• How to Take Better Festive Photos This Christmas MakeUseOf outlines key tips on how to get the best holiday pictures possible.
• 16 Tips to Photograph Christmas Morning This one from Click it Up a Notch keeps it simple with straightforward advice on how to take good pictures and a few suggestions on where you might want to focus that camera.
And finally, because I saw them and couldn't resist here are some fun examples of when the results are less than perfect in these Bad Holiday Photos courtesy of ellentv.com