May the Luck of the Irish be with you!
|Clipart ID: #334940|
It's that time of year that everyone who is or pretends
to be, 😉🍀 celebrates being Irish for a day!
We've put together a list of popular Irish sayings , facts and traditional dishes, along with some wonderful images from Vital Imagery Ltd sites:
|Stock Photo ID: #176815|
- If you’re enough lucky to be Irish... You’re lucky enough!
- May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours that stay with you all the year long.
- May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, the foresight to know where you are going, and the insight to know when you have gone too far.
- May the roof above you never fall in and those gathered beneath it never fall out.
- May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.
- Wherever you go and whatever you do, may the luck of the Irish be there with you.
- May misfortune follow you the rest of your life, and never catch up.
- What butter and whiskey won’t cure, there is no cure for.
Some Irish Facts and Traditional Dishes
Did you know?
- The Irish consume on average 131.1 litres of beer per year - the 2nd highest per-capita consumption after the Czech Republic.
- Famous Irish breweries include Guinness, Smithwicks (Kilkenny), and Harp Lager.
- The three most famous symbols of Ireland are the green Shamrock, the harp, and the Celtic cross.
- Ireland's flag has three colours for a reason. The green represents the Gaelic tradition of Ireland, the orange is meant to represent those who followed William of Orange, and the white stripe in the middle represents peace between both.
- During the gold and silver rush years in the second half of the 19th century, a number of the most famous and successful miners were of Irish and Irish American birth....Over time this association of the Irish with mining fortunes led to the expression 'luck of the Irish.'
|Clipart ID: #1450999|
- Irish stew (made with lamb, mutton, or goat)
- Bacon and cabbage (with potatoes)
- Boxty (potato pancake)
- Coddle (sausage, bacon, and potato)
- Colcannon (mashed potato, kale or cabbage, and butter)
Stock Photo ID: #197545